Our Shark Steam Mop Buying Guide
When it comes to cleaning your floors, you can’t beat the benefits of a steam mop. Traditional mops leave floors wet, which can cause wood to warp over time. Steam, on the other hand, dries quickly without harming floors. Steam mops are also able to kill invisible bacteria, providing a healthier environment for your family.
If you’re in the market for a steam mop, you’ll want to take a look at the models offered by SharkNinja. The company is well-known for its high-end home care products, and their line of steam mops is no exception.
Review the Shark steam mop’s construction to ensure it’s a cinch to use and store. The Shark Steam Mop, White/Seafoam comes with an extra-large water tank that’s completely removable. Not only is it easy to refill the tank, but you’ll also be able to clean for longer spurts before having to head back to the sink. In addition, the mop is lightweight and compact, so you won’t have any trouble finding a space to keep it in between cleanings.
Check how easy the Shark steam mop is to move around. For example, the Shark Steam Pocket Mop offers swivel steering. This allows you to slide the mop under dining room tables and chairs without any problem. The mop will also allow you to maneuver better, which means you’ll be able to get in those hard-to-reach spaces.
Consider one of Shark’s steam mops that give you more control during the cleaning process. You’ll find the Shark Genius Hard Floor Steam Mop has three intelligent steam control settings. A lighter steam is best for dusting, a medium steam for mopping and a heavy steam for scrubbing. The mop also utilizes washable double-sided dirt grip pads. The pads can be attached and released with the touch of a button, which means you never have to touch them with your hands.
Go with a Shark steam mop that does more than just clean floors. The Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop has a built-in handheld steamer that releases to clean everything from appliances to curtains to clothing.
DWYM Fun Fact
Shark steam mops were developed and produced by SharkNinja Operating LLC, which was founded by Mark Rosenzweig back in 1994. Rosenzweig is still the CEO of the company, which has its headquarters just outside of Boston, Massachusetts.
SharkNinja places its focus on creating functional and innovative products that make household tasks easier for the busy individual. The company currently has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, which is a testimony to the quality and reliability of its products.
The Shark Steam Mop Tips and Advice
- Always check the cord length when browsing Shark steam mops, as you want to make sure you purchase one that can reach all four corners of the room you need to clean.
- You don’t need to use any cleaning products with the Shark steam mop, as the steam itself gets hot enough to sanitize your floors naturally.
- It’s especially important that you never use bleach, powdered detergent or fabric softeners when cleaning your machine washable dirt grip pads. The company warns that these products may damage or leave a coating behind on the pads that diminishes their ability to clean your floors. Instead, wash the pads with a gentle liquid detergent. Set them in the dryer on the low heat setting or hang them out on a clothesline to dry.
- SharkNinja recommends washing the dirt grip pads before using them for the first time, as this will get rid of any loose lint or fibers that may have collected on the pad during packaging and transport.
- The Shark dirt grip pads should be replaced every two to three months, depending on how often they are used.
- Over the course of time, calcification and mineral deposits can build up in the steam mop’s nozzle. All you need to remove these deposits is a straightened paper clip. Insert one end of the paperclip inside the nozzle and move it in and out and back and forth until you dislodge the deposits. You should only attempt this when the mop is nice and cool.
- If you misplace your Shark steam mop’s user manual, you can visit the company’s website to download and print out a new copy.
- You’ll find there’s a Shark steam mop in just about every price range. The Shark Steam Mop, White/Seafoam and the Shark Steam Pocket Mop are the most affordable of the bunch. You’ll pay a moderate price for the Shark Genius Hard Floor Steam Mop. The Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop has the highest cost, as it comes with a built-in handheld steamer as well.